Trying Helm again

Hi, I’m trying to set up my Helm - I tried to use my own domain, but when I put it in, I get a Domain Conflict - This domain has already been taken. I previously tried Helm a few years ago and am trying again on this new hardware - I’m still using the same domain - could that be my issue? If so, how to resolve it? I opened a ticket yesterday but it’s been over 24 hours with no response.

When I tried them before, I remember support being very responsive, and I would think they should at least respond even if they didn’t have an answer to let me know what is going on.

They took care of this today. I’m importing my account now. We’ve tried to start two other imports, but they aren’t working as if the account info is wrong. Not sure if you can only have one import going at a time or what.

Anyhow, if I’m patient I’ll get moved off of Google soon, I imagine.

Ok - my issue is resolved, but I’m posting this for the benefit of others. If you are attempting to switch off of gmail, you can’t just use the Gmail option when doing your import to Helm. Gmail has increased security recently (in May, I think) and the method Helm is using to import (when redirected to the web page to login) is apparently no longer trusted. Searching for the specific error message leads to pages talking about enabling “less secure” apps. Even after making this change, however, using the gmail setting did not work to import to Helm.

Using Imap does, but ONLY if you have enabled the “less secure” apps for each individual account. Without enabling that, even imap doesn’t work.

What’s worse is that you just get error messages indicating your config is wrong. (I did some testing with imap in thunderbird, and it seemed to indicate my password was wrong, so this isn’t just a Helm issue).

Perhaps this is something that can be fixed in the future, or at least a KB article posted for future Helm users. (If one exists that mentions this, I’ve missed it)