Shipping Updates

I am starting this thread in the hope that @giri or someone from the team can provide updates on shipping information and the factory ramp-up process.

Thanks!

7 Likes

I also would love to know. I placed my order in November but as of yet, I haven’t received any shipment notification.

4 Likes

I would also like to order but I want to know what is the REAL back log is.

4 Likes

I ordered in February 2020. Still haven’t received anything…

2 Likes

I still see “New” orders being taken in the website. Not sure if the items will be shipped in the order of “First In First Out”. Is that is the case, the backlog for new orders could be several months… since they haven’t started shipping orders received almost 1.5 years back!!
I can understand the challenges of a product launch. I also understand Giri and Team are trying to do their best. However, they need to give “Realistic” expectation on when they can expect shipment.

3 Likes

Hi all - order fulfillment has been prioritized by those who completed their orders first. If you completed your order shortly after your notice to do so was sent, you are earlier in the queue.

We are continuing to ship units out regularly. There is still some stop and start on ramping up volumes as we catch areas for improvement or refinement. We are not yet where we would like to be on pacing but we are getting there by working around the clock.

1 Like

@helm_community Can you please give us a rough idea/range/estimate of how long it will take you to fulfill all orders you currently have pending?

Is it 2 weeks, 3 months, 1 year, 2 years? Give us something please.

3 Likes

@helm_community lets get the basics down.

How many units are shipping per week currently?

How many how many pre-orders are there to be filled?

2 Likes

Are there some models that are being shipped out early (e.g. 256GB Vs 1 TB)?

2 Likes

Here is what I have been told. I contacted support a few days ago to ask for a refund. In response I was informed and I quote, “So, I don’t have specifics for your order, but we’re looking something on the order of weeks, not days or months.”

I was ask whether I wanted to stay in the que or move forward with the refund request. I decided to keep my place in the que for now, but reading the Helm_Community response, I’m not to confident in what is being said.

Order of Weeks. Does that mean 7 weeks not quite 2 months? I thinks we are all looking for a relative rough estimate of when we individually can expect our device to ship. I have ordered a ThreeFold 3node and it is way more expensive ($1200) and they’re experiencing the same problem and said that my order should arrive in either September or October. That is a huge window as well and doesn’t make me happy. I may ask for a refund for this order as well. Between the 2 that is $1500 tied up that I could use elsewhere. Needless to say my wife isn’t to happy about it at the moment.

3 Likes

Agreed. What is the average numbers shipped per week and what month of preorders have you fulfilled through so far?

4 Likes

Since they do not seem to be responsive on their numbers perhaps we can use the forum to determine the backlog and fulfilment.
Can anyone in the community confirm when or if they have actually received the product they ordered, and their original date?

My original date was April 24 2021. I ordered a 256GB model for testing before I give any recommendations to my clients. As of now I cannot give that, but I do still see a light at the end of what looks like a very long tunnel. I still believe this product has a good future, if they can solve their backlog and production issues.

2 Likes

We have been averaging about 5% a week of the backlog over the past couple of weeks and expect to get a pretty significant shipment in about 2-2.5 weeks time that will exceed total units shipped to that point. With that milestone shipment, we are expecting to be able to better advise on expected shipment dates for remaining orders.

We understanding not having a more specific shipment window is frustrating and we’re working to address this as best we can.

4 Likes

@helm_community excellent update. Thank you. Hope you can hit that milestone in 2-2.5 weeks.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Logistics are a clterf* right now. I was talking to a serious guy in airfreight and he expects this s**tshow to continue until Feb…so, no easy way out…keep the updates coming! Look forward to receiving the unit ordered…

3 Likes

Thank you for responding. However, these numbers have no real value since we don’t understand what the number for the ‘backlog’ is. 5% of an unknown number doesn’t give us any indication of where we are stand with our shipment.

Additionally, getting in a shipment that will exceed total units shipped doesn’t give us any real number either. Since we don’t know how many have shipped so far, how can we understand how significant this shipment will be.

I don’t believe the requests to date to understand what ‘order month’ you are currently fulfilling is unreasonable. It appears most responses on the community understand the challenges of the fulfillment and supply that are happening in the world. The frustrations are coming with lack of communication. And when you do communicate, you give numbers that have no real meaning. Avoiding an answer only erodes trust. Can you tell us in which month of orders you are currently shipping?

3 Likes

Has anyone here seen a new unit. Anyone???

2 Likes

I ordered mine February 19, 2021. 1TB. Still have not received any shipment notice.

update: completely payment of my order March 19th.

1 Like

I paid for mine ($359.00 / 1TB) in March but I there was a deposit made months earlier.

1 Like

We are still fulfilling orders completed in March. When we staged our emails out to customers who made deposits to complete their orders, we had a huge surge that we’re still working to get through. We apologize that this wasn’t clearer earlier.

1 Like