Share Caldav with Google Calendar

Here’s a tricky one for you. I’ve set up my V2 and it’s awesome. I use Helm’s Caldav server for my primary calendar. The only fly in the ointment is that I’m now an island among my friends and family that I used to share my Google calendar with. Does anyone know of a program that syncs Caldav to Google Calendar or share a Caldav calendar with a Google Calendar user?

I can subscribe to a Google Calendar from within my calendar software, but I can’t find a way to do the reverse.

1 Like

I stumbled on a hack to do this. First, ensure you have the files app enabled for Helm. Then:

1. Visit https://files.YOURDDOMAIN:9443/apps/calendar

2. Click the Calendar Share button Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 10.24.55 PM

3. Click the ... and Copy Subscription Link Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 10.28.57 PM

4. Take that URL and past it into the box in Google Calendar for “From URL”
    Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 10.29.15 PM

Hi there - You have stumbled upon something we have in the field for testing but isn’t quite ready for primetime. The calendar provided by Nextcloud is separate from the existing calendar service deployed previously on Helms that is autoconfigured as part of setup for example.

We will be migrating away from the existing calendar service to the Nextcloud calendar in a future firmware update.

1 Like

Understood @helm_community. I stumbled on this feature because the macOS NextCloud client links to this webpage from the settings pane.

Very excited to have this feature though; sharing is what is holding me back from using Helm for calendar.