Received Helm v2 hardware, but no activation code?

(EDIT: Well, tickle me pink. Support has already replied to my ticket and provided my activation code, over the weekend even!)

Received my Helm v2 today, but I did not receive an activation code. Several recent emails from Helm say they include the code, but it’s not actually there:
helm

I viewed the emails (and order page) in a mobile browser and a desktop browser - no activation code to be found. Viewed the email source - no activation code.

The “A shipment from order #XXXX is on the way” email says “Your Activation Code can be found on your Order Status Page.”:
helm2

But clicking through to the order page, there’s no activation code to be found. I also went to Account - Helm, logged in, and clicked through to my order. This page looks different from the one linked in the email, but it too does not have an activation code.

Opened a ticket with support, but am not expecting a reply over the weekend.
Did anyone else receive their Helm v2, but not get an activation code?

My activation code came in separate email after device was delivered. :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, tickle me pink. Support has already replied to my ticket and provided my activation code!

This just happened to me today as well. How long did it take support to get back to you?

Only a couple of hours, and it was on a Saturday!