Physical security of the server

Hello - new here and considering a move to the Helm. Will have a couple of questions, but this one’s the first:

If I lose physical access to the server (i.e., someone breaks into the house and steals it) how are my emails protected in the server? I am guessing that they will be inaccessible without the USB key, but I’d like to confirm.

Thanks.

That’s correct, don’t keep the USB key plugged into the device. It’s all encrypted on the device and relatively safe as long as the thief doesn’t have access to the USB key.

1 Like

So it should be fine if the key is kept in a safe, for example.

1 Like

That is my security protocol. I thought about storing it in a family members safe but then figured that may be inconvenient for the other times that I may need it. For example I traded in my phone for a new phone and then needed the key to re-enroll my new phone with the app to administer the helm. It would have been a pain to drive a few hours to get it from a family member.

1 Like

Buy a fire proof safe to put the key in. Plus you can put other important documents in it. They range from $50-$100 for small ones on amazon.

1 Like