Looking to Purchase, But a few Questions

I am very impressed with reviews of Helm but in reading some of the post here I have some questions before making the Reserve Order.

  1. If I reserve now will the server be V1 or V2?
  2. Any idea of a realistic ETA given the current state of things.

Thanks
Rew

Hi Rew -

Thanks for your interest in Helm. Here are some quick answers to your questions:
1.) V2 - and the pricing for these units will be substantially lower than the V1
2.) We’re looking at a late summer launch for the V2 right now but we’re still working on dates and timelines

We are going to be sharing more details and updates here on the community forum, our blog and on our mailing list in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
Giri (co-founder/CEO)

1 Like

OK, Thanks! Will be look forward to seeing the updates.

Another question,
If the V2’s price will be lower, does that mean it will be less powerful than the V1 thus making V1 more desirable?

thanks
Rew

Hi Rew -

The capabilities for the V2 will exceed the V1 capabilities. More cores, more memory… more to say later!

Thanks,
Giri

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve placed my reserve order and am looking forward to the V2 release

Rew

2 Likes

Me too. Some regular updates on the forum would be good as well.

2 Likes

Excited to get more frequent updates. I reserved mine this morning but was surprised not to receive any type of confirmation from Helm. Reasonably but not overly concerned.

1 Like

I hate to say this but I ordered more than 6 months ago and haven’t heard a word about that order. Not a word. I’ve asked support twice and gotten the nebulous response that I’d be updated when more information is available - that answer was received in APRIL; more than two months ago. I’m concerned the company is insolvent and if it ever ships, the Helm will be a fancy paperweight in short order. Without the SaaS services, this device isn’t going to work, so… I’ve asked for a refund of the $99 deposit. I’ll update when I hear back.

Your deposit made 3 months ago has been refunded. We answer all support inquiries with as much information as we can share at the time. Given a difficult supply chain issue and then the pandemic, we have made a decision to shift pre-orders to our upcoming v2 which we expect to ship in late summer.

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate the update. Can I suggest some proactive communication to reassure those of us who have paid deposits and are waiting? Maybe an update at the top of the forum every 4 weeks on where production is at, where - broadly - the snags are, even if there’s been little progress? Reading messages from those who are canceling due to a lack of information/confidence is unlikely to encourage new orders.

5 Likes

Agree. While the product itself is unorthodox, that doesn’t change the fact those willing to support the project should be left wondering at length. Updates at regular intervals are the least we should expect. Nonetheless, I look forward to eventually receiving my Helm V2.

4 Likes