Current list of issues with Helm 2

So I have support tickets with helm on these but thought I would itemize all my issues to see if anyone else is having similar problems.

1. Outlook for Iphone - can’t add helm as IMAP provider. This has been reproduced by helm and is apparently a bug in the Outlook for iPhone app that I need to try to escalate w/Microsoft. Not a blocker as I can probably use another email client.

2. Helm seems to have issues uploading logs to helm for support. I have Starlink as my ISP and use eero as the mesh network. So my connection is Startlink->eero->helm2.0. Helm has asked me to upload logs for each of the issues I have had with the helm but only once (last night) have I been successful in uploading logs. When I press the power button 5 times it blinks purple/green and then red. The odd thing is it did work at least once last night and no changes to network since. I will probably try rebooting everything to see if that works again (I had rebooted helm and the eero prior to the successful attempt last night).

3. Helm will randomly alert me saying the temp has exceeded 143 degrees. Looking in the app shows it at 103 degrees. The helm is sitting in an office whose ambient temp is 68 and there is nothing on top or near it even that would be cause airflow issues.

4. I am stuck importing email from my office365 account. It pulled in email from June 2016 to July 2020 but nothing more current. Helm recommended waiting a day or two but subsequent imports start and finish a few minutes later saying successful but no more emails are actually imported.

5. Can’t delete user created domain recordsets. I just get an error when I try deleting any records I have added via the app. Have not logged this yet.

Anyone else having similar issues? Workarounds?

We want to say up front that we apologize for these issues you’re seeing - from all the shipments and customers coming online so far, you seem to be having the worst experience by far and we’re working to get them resolved and ensure other customers don’t experience this.

• Helm seems to have issues uploading logs to helm for support. I have Starlink as my ISP and use eero as the mesh network. So my connection is Startlink->eero->helm2.0. Helm has asked me to upload logs for each of the issues I have had with the helm but only once (last night) have I been successful in uploading logs. When I press the power button 5 times it blinks purple/green and then red. The odd thing is it did work at least once last night and no changes to network since. I will probably try rebooting everything to see if that works again (I had rebooted helm and the eero prior to the successful attempt last night).

This was an issue unique to your network environment. Once you rebooted your network equipment, we haven’t had issues receiving logs. It’s possible that a more intermittent internet connection with Starlink was causing the issue but we also did have you change to Ethernet.

• Helm will randomly alert me saying the temp has exceeded 143 degrees. Looking in the app shows it at 103 degrees. The helm is sitting in an office whose ambient temp is 68 and there is nothing on top or near it even that would be cause airflow issues.

We have had a few customers report this issue and we’re still investigating. We believe there may be a calibration issue on the sensor.

• I am stuck importing email from my office365 account. It pulled in email from June 2016 to July 2020 but nothing more current. Helm recommended waiting a day or two but subsequent imports start and finish a few minutes later saying successful but no more emails are actually imported.

We have not seen this issue previously so there may be something Microsoft is now doing that is non-standard with regard to IMAP access to data. The workaround for this is to use a desktop client like macOS Mail, Outlook or eM Client to export your office365 account and then import it into your Helm. We are evaluating shifting away from using our existing solution and recommending this export/import as the default practice to work around 3rd party deviations from IMAP standards.

• Can’t delete user created domain recordsets. I just get an error when I try deleting any records I have added via the app. Have not logged this yet.

This is a known issue and you can contact support to have this manually processed until we push an update.

To add on to your list:

• Do NOT try to delete any users. I needed to factory reset and throw away my data to recover from this (I didn’t have any data yet though so it wasn’t an issue).

• Temperature reading in app always reports 40C even, which it’s not.

• Files service always reports “Not Reachable” even though Nextcloud works fine both in and out of my network.

• Check for firmware and versions always fails with “Request Error”.

The last three issues might be issues with the app on iOS 15 beta. They’re not critical though.